FAW, located in Changchun City, Jilin Province, China. Formerly known as First Auto Works (Plant), the factory name was written by Mao Zedong and created by Rao Bin. The foundation was laid on July 15, 1953. After more than 60 years of development, FAW has become a large state-owned automobile enterprise group with annual production and sales of 3 million vehicles, and its total production and sales have always ranked first in the industry.
The predecessor of China FAW Group Co., Ltd. was China’s No. 1 Automobile Manufacturing Plant, established in 1953. Headquartered in Changchun, Jilin Province, it is one of the most powerful automotive companies in the Chinese automotive industry.
Business areas include automotive R&D, production, sales, logistics, services, auto parts, financial services, auto insurance, and mobile travel.