Recently, at the two-year anniversary of the NIO Power service, NIO officially stated that 20kW home charging piles will be launched in late July with 100kWh capacity batteries. In 2020, NIO will also build more than 50 battery swapping stations and put them into use.
As the world’s first electrical energy service system, NIO Power is composed of exclusive charging piles, super-charged piles, power exchange stations, mobile charging vehicles, NIO Cloud and NIO Commissioner. At the two-year anniversary of the launch of the NIO Power service, NIO officially disclosed relevant information, as follows:
- Over the past two years, NIO Power has charged more than 250 million kWh of vehicles from NIO and other brands;
- One-button power-up completes nearly 400,000 power-up services;
- From September 2019 to the present, a total of 33 power-up partners have participated in the construction of the supercharger network, and more than 290 NIO supercharged piles have been built;
- Power Home 2.0, the second-gen home charging pile, is smaller, and the 20kW home fast charging pile will be launched in late July;
- Continuing the layout of power swapping station in 2020, from April 5, 2020, an average of one power swapping station will be completed every week (more than 50 stations will be built during the year; as of June 27, NIO has deployed 132 stations in 58 cities national wide)
- The charging map is cumulatively connected to more than 600 charging operators and more than 290,000 charging piles;
- NIO provided 580,000 power swapping services across the country, of which the maximum number of power swapping for a single vehicle was 301.
Shen Fei, vice president of NIO, revealed that the number of batteries in the second-generation swapping station will increase to 8 (5 in the first-generation swapping station). Users do not need to get off the vehicle when swapping the battery. It will launch around the Spring Festival in 2021. In addition, NIO Power plans to implement the BaaS model (Battery as a Service) on the smart electric vehicle business model. Officials said that the BaaS model can lower the initial purchase threshold, further promote sales growth, and allow users to enjoy continuously upgraded batteries and better electric vehicles. For the power-up experience, the BaaS model is expected to be officially announced in the second half of this year.